We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the R&D team at qGenomics. The successful candidate must have a sound work ethics, be detail-oriented and have strong organizational and communication skills.
As a postdoctoral researcher the candidate will be responsible for the following tasks, related to the use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) methodologies to the improvement of human health:
- Plan, write and execute internal translational research projects that are in alignment with the company’s research strategy. This includes both wet lab (experiment) and dry lab (data analysis) tasks. Project follow up and justification with diverse funding agencies.
- Provide wet and dry lab support to other employees at qGenomics including lab technicians, students (Ph.D., masters), etc ….. This includes NGS-related support as well as more general molecular biology techniques support.
- Provide wet lab and dry lab support to researchers outside of qGenomics. Help researchers outside qGenomics plan, execute and analyze experiments.
- Supervision of Ph.D., master’s and bachelor’s students. Organization of training events for other employees/students at qGenomics as well as for outside company collaborators.
- Write scientific communications including abstracts, posters, papers and sales and marketing materials. Communicate in scientific meetings.
- Doctors in biology or other life sciences fields with at least 2 years of experience in a postdoctoral position.
- A deep understanding of NGS methodologies, both at the laboratory and bioinformatics level. Ability to perform NGS workflows from sample to data generation, management and interpretation.
- Medium to advanced knowledge in bioinformatics to perform primary as well as secondary analysis of NGS data. The ability to understand, design and manage open source NGS bioinformatics pipelines is required. Knowledge of bash, R and Python scripting is highly desirable.
- Sound biostatistics knowledge. Use of R software is highly preferred.
- Strong scientific communication skills in both Spanish and English are required. The candidate must be able to discuss scientific projects in detail with external research collaborators.
The successful candidate will directly report to the R&D department Director.