At qGenomics we work to offer the medical professional and their patients an optimal genetic analysis, using the latest technology. Therefore, we need to get biological samples prepared in the best possible conditions::
- We require a minimum of 5μg of DNA preferably resuspended in Tris-EDTA (TE 10:0,1), or sterile water, at a minimum concentration of 50ng/μL. For the extraction of DNA from chorionic villi and amniotic fluid we recommend using Qiagen kits (blood mini-kit), and Chemagen (Chemagic / Prepito DNA Blood) for blood samples.
- All DNAs are quantified using spectrophotometer before being analyzed.
- The quality and integrity of DNA received are measured with spectrophotometer and checked by electrophoresis before being analyzed.
- If the DNA received does not meet the minimum quality requirements, the sender will be notified.
- If despite the poor quality of the DNA, the client wants to continue with the analysis, it will be charged for the whole experiment although the results might not be interpretable.
If you have any questions, contact us.
Amniotic fluid samples (AF). We require between 10 and 15mL of clear AF (no haematic) of over 16 weeks of gestation. Although it is uncommon, we advise that it is possible that we can not obtain enough DNA or of insufficient quality, and this is why we recommend to establish a backup cell culture.
Chorionic villi samples (CV). We need between 5 and 10 mg of chorionic villus biopsy of fetal origin, collected in a vial with sterile culture medium or a buffered saline solution (PBS).
Fetal blood. We require 1mL of fetal blood at least, collected in an EDTA tube (purple cap).
Cultured AF or CVs. We require a cell pellet in PBS, obtained from a monolayer culture at 80-90% confluence.
Peripheral blood samples. Collect between 5 and 10mL in an EDTA-containing collection tube (purple cap). We understand that drawing this amount of blood might be complicated in case of newborns or children; in that case, contacte the laboratory for other options.
Skin, saliva, other tissues and/or body fluids. Contact us.
FFPE samples. Contact us.
Products of conception. Read the specific form for detailed instructions.
- All tubes / vials must be properly labeled and accompanied by the application form, duly filled.
- We recommend shiping the samples at room temperature immediately (always before 24 hours after collection). A delay in shipping or storage at inappropriate temperatures can compromise sample and extend the processing time.
- If the shipment is delayed +24 hours, we advise keeping samples at 4 °C until shipment, except in the case VC or AF that will require subsequent cell culture.
- You must specify the sex of the patient (or fetus) in the application form. In case you do not know when to send the sample, we will determine it by an LDT-PCR, which represents an additional cost.
- You must specify the indication for the study as well as other details of the family history that can help us interpret the results in a more appropriate way.
- Your patient (or legal representative) must have signed an informed consent form, that has to be submitted with the genetic test requiisition form.